MLS returns to the fold with another round of games this weekend as the San Jose Earthquakes take on the Los Angeles Galaxy in an all-important clash at Stanford Stadium on Saturday.
San Jose Earthquakes vs. Los Angeles Galaxy Preview
The Los Angeles Galaxy currently sit seventh in the MLS Western Conference standings and have improved after a slow start to the campaign. The visiting team beat Colorado Rapids 4-1 last week and will be looking to achieve a similar result in this game.
The San Jose Earthquakes, on the other hand, are rooted at the bottom of the league table at the moment and have struggled so far this year. The Earthquakes drew 1-1 against FC Dallas in their previous game and will need to step up a notch to secure the three points this weekend.
San Jose Earthquakes vs Los Angeles Galaxy head-to-head and key numbers
- The San Jose Earthquakes have a good record against the Los Angeles Galaxy and have won 28 of the 67 games played between the two teams, compared to 24 wins for the Los Angeles Galaxy.
- The Los Angeles Galaxy won their previous away game against the San Jose Earthquakes by a 3-1 margin and haven’t won two such games in a row since the 1997-98 campaign.
- The San Jose Earthquakes have lost just three home matches in MLS this season and just two since losing to the New York Red Bulls in February.
- The Los Angeles Galaxy ended a four-game winless streak with victory over the Colorado Rapids and have not won consecutive MLS games since April this year.
- Jeremy Ebobisse found the back of the net against FC Dallas and became just the second San Jose Earthquakes player after Chris Wondolowski to score 16 goals in a single MLS season.
- Riqui Puig assisted three of the Los Angeles Galaxy’s four goals against the Colorado Rapids – the first Los Angeles Galaxy player to achieve the feat since Landon Donovan in 2014.
San Jose Earthquakes vs Los Angeles Galaxy Prediction
Los Angeles Galaxy has grown in stature over the past year but will need to work on its consistency in the months ahead. The likes of Javier Hernandez and Riqui Puig have shown flashes of their brilliance over the past week and have a point to prove in this game.
The San Jose Earthquakes can pack their day and have been a tough outfit in their own backyard. Both teams are on equal footing at the moment and could draw this weekend.
Prediction: San Jose Earthquakes 2-2 Los Angeles Galaxy
$1,100 first bet insurance at Caesars
San Jose Earthquakes vs Los Angeles Galaxy Betting Tips
Tip 1: Result – Draw
Tip 2: Game to have more than 2.5 goals – Yes
Tip 3: Los Angeles Galaxy will score first – Yes
Tip 4: Jérémy Ebobisse scores – Yes