Israel will host Albania at Bloomfield on Saturday night (September 24) in the UEFA Nations League group stage.
The Blue and Whites had a disappointing FIFA World Cup qualifying campaign, finishing third in their group, seven points clear of Scotland going into the qualifiers.
Alon Hazan was appointed as the new manager and oversaw a fairly decent run in the Nations League. His team recently came from behind twice to earn a 2-2 draw against Iceland. Israel sit atop their group table with five points from three games and confirm their promotion with a win on Saturday.
Albania, meanwhile, missed out on FIFA World Cup qualifiers after losing two of their last three qualifying games and have been slumping ever since. They are so far without a win in their Nations League campaign, recently suffering a 2-1 loss to their weekend opponents in June.
The Eagles have one point in two games and are bottom of their group. Anything short of a win this weekend will end their quest for promotion.
Head to head Israel vs Albania and key figures
- There have been five meetings between Israel and Albania. The hosts won three of those games, while Albania won the other two.
- The Blue and Whites have won their last two games in this game, most recently claiming a 2-1 win thanks to a second-half Manor Solomon brace that nullified Armando Broja’s opener for the Eagles.
- Albania have scored at least one goal in all but one of their last six away matches.
- Israel are without a clean sheet in their last 11 games in all competitions.
- Alon Hazan’s two men’s home matches this year ended in 2-2 draws, first against Romania in March and then against Iceland in June.
Israel vs Albania Prediction
Israel are unbeaten in their last four games in all competitions, with three of the matches ending in draws. They haven’t lost a game at home since March last year and will be looking to extend that streak.
Albania, meanwhile, are on a five-game winless streak and have won just one of their last eight games in all competitions. They have won just one of their last seven away games and could lose here.
Prediction: Israel 2-1 Albania
$1,100 first bet insurance at Caesars
Israel vs Albania Betting Tips
Tip 1 – Result: Israel
Tip 2 – Objectives – More/less than 2.5 – Over 2.5 goals (All but one of Israel’s last 10 matches have produced over 2.5 goals.)
Tip 3 – Both teams score: YES (Both teams have found the back of the net in all but one of the hosts’ last nine games.)